Friday, April 20, 2012

Popsicle stick bracelets

In honor of Earth day, I recycled popsicle sticks into fancy bracelets.  I will be making this project with my girl scout troop soon.  I got the directions here .  Easy and fun!

First, soak the popsicle sticks in water (at least 24 hrs). 



Then, carefully bend the sticks and place in a cup (I also used a water bottle).  Let the popsicle stick dry overnight.



Paint, decoupage with scrapbooking papers or just add sparkle and you are done!


You can also add letters and write a message or put your initials.  The possibilities are endless! This project did not cost me a cent since I already had all the supplies (my husband would appreciate that!).

4 comments:

  1. Way cool!! love this! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made them & I just blogged about them, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, does the water have to be warm, cold or room temperature?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these and they came out cute. I just need to get the correct size glass to dry them in. The ones I made are to big for my wrist. I boiled my sticks for 30 minutes and then let them soak for a day I had less breakage that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. It sure makes my day!