Sunday, August 22, 2010

ConKerr Cancer pillowcases

It all started with this pillow (sorry for the wrinkles.  I took a picture of it after my daughter slept in it).  In one of Cassandra's dentist visit at Children's hospital (dentist for kids with disabilities), she received this pillowcase packaged in a clear baggie with a business card "ConKerr Cancer" San Diego chapter.  I thought it was a great idea to give handmade pillowcases to kids, so I kept the card.  A few months later, I came across the http://www.conkerrcancer.org/ organization through one of my favorite blogs http://www.crafthope.com/.  The goal of ConKerr cancer is to give bright, fun pillowcases to lift up the spirits of terminally ill children with cancer.  Although our Cassandra does not have cancer, receiving this pillowcase brighten up my day.  Cassandra uses this pillowcase everyday and everyone at home knows it is hers.  The pillowcases are easy to create with some easy stitching.  I taught my youngest daughter, Isabelle, how to sew one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It sure makes my day!